With my trip to Belgium close enough that I can see my arrival weather in the
5 day forecast, I'm definitely getting a wee bit angsty.
Common symptoms of this abroad preparation stage include, but are not limited to:
- Retorting that you hate politics and foreign nations (an issue if you're interning for the EU....)
- Claiming you don't feel like studying abroad right now (umm too late, girlfriend)
- Stuffing shirts into boots (all 3 pairs)
- Wanting to buy out all Candy Corn and Pumpkin Spice Lattes in reach (is that a thing over there?)
At this stage, the common worry-filled student may also entertain a myriad of questions about her upcoming trip.
- SHOULD I BRING "FEMININE PRODUCTS" WITH ME?
- DOES CHRISTINA SNORE?
- IF I STOP EATING NOW WILL I BE SKINNY ENOUGH TO GO TOPLESS IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE, SHOULD THE NEED OCCUR?
- DO EUROPEAN GIRLS GET PIMPLES?
- SHOULD I PACK A HALLOWEEN COSTUME?
- WHERE IS MY AMERICAN FLAG BANDANNA?
- DO THEY LIKE STRIPES IN EUROPE?
- DOES CHRISTINA SNORE?
- IF I STOP EATING NOW WILL I BE SKINNY ENOUGH TO GO TOPLESS IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE, SHOULD THE NEED OCCUR?
- DO EUROPEAN GIRLS GET PIMPLES?
- SHOULD I PACK A HALLOWEEN COSTUME?
- WHERE IS MY AMERICAN FLAG BANDANNA?
- DO THEY LIKE STRIPES IN EUROPE?
FuN FaCt: The Crying Girl Meme was a girl going abroad.
* According to Google Translate,
the French word for "Questions" is "Questions".

Just dress up as an American for Halloween;)
ReplyDeleteMorgan, have a great time and eat some French fries for me -- with mussels-- and I will save you a bag of candy corn for when you come back.
ReplyDelete- Uncle Rob