Monday, August 26, 2013

Sleep at a time like this?!


When I wake up two weeks from today, it will be on a plane. I say that with the sincerest hope that I can actually sleep on the plane. I actually have already accepted that that will be a sleepless night. Last night was also a pretty sleepless night, filled with the prospects of an exciting semester ahead of me. 

One of my recent habits, while not sleeping, is mentally packing my bags. So far this has only been a mental activity due to the ridiculous amounts of stress it induces. 

On Saturday night, one of my closest friends from high school, Evi, left for India. I spent Friday night sitting on her bed watching her pack and laughing at the difference between what we were bringing. For example a four month supply of malaria pills. I'm pretty sure the only thing I could compare that to would be bringing four months worth of mascara (which of course is something she didn't even pack). While she was shopping for essentials like sunscreen and tissues, I'll be shopping for gold metallic oxfords (those are totally essential for Fall in Belgique, right?) It's really cool to think about the different experiences we're going to be having over the semester. One of my most fun travel experiences was with Evi. We went to Chicago after Senior year of high school (the day after senior week...) and had a BLAST. We had so much fun exploring the city on our own time. I kind of picture the semester being a lot like that week.

Well the to-do list is growing and the countdown is shrinking. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment