Thursday, August 22, 2013

Goodbyes


I have a pretty solid crew accompanying me abroad, but I'm also leaving behind a solid crew, and as I sit here in Wilmington watching everyone else head off to school, it's hard not to notice that. It's pretty strange not heading back to ye olde CUA this fall. The abroad experience still seems so surreal that it's hard to be more excited for that than bummed about the very real experience of watching friend after friend go to school. 
 It's made particularly difficult when your best friend of 3 million years who you've never gone to school without leaves for your first semester spent apart since the ripe age of 5. We had a "tentative" goodbye last night, and I'm still recovering. I still haven't figured out how that one's going to work. However, I might get really emotional and end up crying at work when I see an adorable couple split their sandwiches to give each other half... Yeah, that happened today. If that's any indication of how the semester is going to go, wish me luck. 
In any case, tears on the plane seem pretty inevitable...



I'll be missing you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment